ugh help plz.

what is the best, quickest, and cheapest way to get rid of acne on your face, arms, neck, legs, chest...??????? the only time im actually okay with how i look is right after i wake up cause my face looks completely smooth like there is no acne at all.
ive been dealing with this for as long as i can remember, im almost 18, high school senior, i just finally want it gone so i dont always look like s***.

thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• have you tried Proactive? Or maybe going to a Dermatologist?
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• get that acne clear (walmart) Im 26 and i still have acne but it has helped alot. I think they also make body washes for acne as well like neutrogena
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 5:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I actually use hydrocortisone- it's what my ped had me use on my lo's acne when she was a newborn, and it turns out it works for me too! It dries up the acne and reduces the inflammation around the pore.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 6:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My acne didn't stop until I stopped using 2 things - 1. Liquid foundation makeup and 2. Chemical based cleansers/exfoliates.

To clean and exfoliate my face I use a mixture of tables salt and baby shampoo - the shampoo is gentle and the salt exfoliates. Then I follow up with a cotton ball and witchazel. I moisturize daily. And if I need extra exfoliation I will mix table salt with my lotion, rub in a circular motion until the lotion is absorbed, then I'll buff off the extra salt.

I stopped using liquid foundation years ago - went strictly to powder and mineral foundation.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009