Has your childs school sent home fund raising products yet?

Ours came today, I was expecting one...lol

Its a coupon booklet for 20$...it really does have good stuff in it....so we are gonna buy one. But I am not going to actively sell them. I HATE being asked by people to buy stuff and I especially hate to ask others to buy from me....when I know they dont usually want to anyways. lol

Do you feel this way, or do you sell things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in

• I haven't seen anything yet, but then again, I haven't gotten home yet either! :)

The elementary school has a fundraiser about once a week it seems. When it's not selling something, it's sending out flyers of places to dine where they get a percentage back.

I have no idea if the middle school is the same way....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My 8th grader came home with a fundraiser the first day of school! We don't actively sell either, my husband hates the fundraisers :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We don't start school until next week but for my youngest the fundraiser usually come home in the first few days. My oldests school has one fundraiser in October so we won't see anything on that until the beginning of that month. I like that one better too. Instead of buying things youy pledge money for how many laps aound the schools they walk/ride their bikes.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I guess we are in a weird school district. WE dont do fundraisers. But there aer lots of things like the book fairs, pictures, parents nights, etc that they use as fundraising. I would sell at work or in a group im in, my family and close friends but thats about it, WE actually will be starting fall product soon for gurl scouts and Ill be selling that !!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 6:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I did and was surprised because it's a private preschool....
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes. Innisbrook stuff comes home the first week of school every year. We havne't done a thing with it since kindergarten.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Lol. I dread the school fundraisers and mostly the auction. We pitch in and would rather write a check for a hundred bucks then try to sell chocolates, wrapping paper, etc for fundraisers. We cannot ask neighbors, its just something I hate. But, our auction raises around 70K last year and we need the funds as the school is public.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is up to my daughter to decide whether or not she sells the items. My husband and I go with her, for safety; we do not sell!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Nope, school hasn't started yet. My son is in middle school and they collect box tops for education, do dances/socials, donut sales, concession sales at sports events. We also do picutres, nights at Culvers, bookfair, etc. I think there is only 1 big fundraiser and that is for Butterbraids and I do sell that one and it makes a lot of money. The butterbraids are yummy coffe cake type things that are only offered once a year at the fundraiser. We also do fundraisers to help pay down the costs for the 8th grade trip to Washington DC and at a $1000 a kid, fundraisers are a lifesaver.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Ah, we are HSing now - YAY no fundraisers!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009