Going to Slish Splash tomorrow but dd has a cut on her foot!

I'm wondering if I should still take her will it hurt her foot ! The cut is wide a little smaller than a dime she is walking around fine but I wonder if the chlorine will burn the cut ! I plan to bandage it really well and was wondering if liquid bandage will help ! I took her to the dr. to see if she needed stiches but she did not the cut happened yesterday I don't want her to miss the park but not at the expense of her health ! The dr said if it is not still bleeding she could go but I wonder !

ajnina78

Asked by ajnina78 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would use the liquid bandage. Just make sure it's VERY clean as I know a guy who put that stuff on his thumb-something was in there and two months later after infection and infection, he lost his hand.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Gosh, my only worry would be picking up an infection from the pool (that is already there from someone else, like staph). I'd put polysporin on it and bandage it really well. I guess if the doc says you can go, you probably can. I'm suspicious of public places with open wounds though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Agreeing with jeanclaudia, my fear would be her getting something from the pool with an open wound. Although the EMS lady who teaches me CPR says that chlorine kills anything, and the pool's chlorine would be regulated. If her doctor said it was OK, then it should be OK. Bandaging and liquid bandage. and I'd recheck the liquid bandage a couple times.

Answer by Bmat at 6:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• waterproof band-aid and bring the hand sanitizer, have a great day.
    rainla

Answer by rainla at 6:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Hand sanitizer?? For what??

I'd put a bandaid on and if she can wear those water shoes i'd definately get that otherwise i'd skip until the cut heals. I'd be too worried about her picking up an infection and it going straight to her bloodstream her having an open wound no matter how small it is
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Skip the bandaids, they will fall off in the water. As long as she isn't bleeding, she should be fine. The chlorine will sanitize the cut. Chlorine is bleach. It may or may not sting, depends on how deep the cut is. You can get her watershoes to wear, just check to make sure the cut doesn't reopen during the day. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Chlorine is not enough to keep infection from entering an opened wound.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Most places like that will also not allow a child to swim if they have an open wound. You should check the parks regulations before taking her to be on the safe side! Other than that, I would put on water shoes and have her clean it really well when finished.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009