SAHM's: What do you do all day?

My son gets into everything. I don't know if every kid does that at this age or not. I can't get anything done during the day b/c he is always there. I can't put him in a playpen because he screams, and then I get a migraine. Sometimes he will shut himself in his room and play for a little while, but I'm lucky if that lasts. I play with him, but I can't do that all day-he's exhausting. By the time he goes to bed, I am so tired from not doing anything all day that I can't get motivated to start on anything! So tell me: What do you do, and how do you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It can be difficult at times. I have three children ages 7 months, 2yrs and 4yrs. And my two year old and my 4 year old are constantly getting into things. And to make it worse my 4 yr old has ADHD. I know it's hard but if you can put his play pin where ever your at so that he can start off by seeing you that might help. Eventually you can work up to him being able to stay in the living room while your cleaning and doing things through the rest of the house. And maybe put on some up beat music and sing to it while you work and he might put his attention in to listening to you and making sounds to the music himself.
    Haynes_mommy

Answer by Haynes_mommy at 8:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My daughter loves books, so when I clean the house I give her a few books... She will sit there and look at her books for up to an hour!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• laundry and cafemom and scrabble online

i'm just pregnant though, in less than two months i'm sure my story will change drastically
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is a pain, requires a TON of work, and will drastically slow you down - BUT most kids love to help. The only way I get things done some days is find a task for the kids to do. I have had them wash chairs, throw stuff in the trash, wash windows, even "help" paint. It's a great way for them to learn and it keeps them from making a big mess elsewhere. Granted you don't accomplish much and you have to redo what they did. But in 6 to 12 months you won't have to redo it!! Lol! It does get easier. I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and 11 month old. Thankfully they have really started playing with each other so I am starting to get more done around the house.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• So he doesn't nap at all during the day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• That is exactly why I work!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The earlier you can start dicipline the better, sometimes you have to let them cry not for long, just so they know you are doing things and they have to learn to occupy thereselves.
    I clean, take care of my daughter, cafemom, errands, eat cause I'm pregnant, take a nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My 11 month old likes watching the cartoons dragon tales (we got her the dvd too) and sid the science kid and super why. Sometimes she'll be glued to the tv almost half an episode. She likes helping with laundry too, like putting clothes away in the dresser or taking the clothes from the basket and putting them on the floor. She also has a clothes basket half full of her favorite toys too. She likes playing with dvds so to entertain herself I open the dvd cabinet and just let her pull out dvds on to the floor. Just a few of the SAHM things I do during the day. I also sit on the floor with her and play with toys with her.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Op here: He does nap, but only long enough for me to load the dishes, make my husband's dinner for work (he works 12 hour shifts at night), and do a tiny bit of homework if I'm lucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• lol i have the same problem, about the time you getting something clean she decided that it is time to play again. things get done but it never looks like it. Aww you gotta love kids right?
    Thinkpink87

Answer by Thinkpink87 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009