Embarrassing stories?

We all have embarrassing moments thanks to our kids, what is some of yours?

This was about a year ago, my son overheard me on the phone with my mom telling her that my great aunt so & so had finally gone crazy b/c she had called me earlier that day worried about our safety when she heard that there was flooding in a town 3 hours away from where we lived. Well I never really thought that much about it at the time but a few... Read More weeks later while we were visiting my great aunt I walked into the room and heard my son ask her if it was true that she had finally gone crazy? Because mommy had told nana on the phone that she had lost her mind. OMG, I almost died. Thank god she thought it was hilarious that he had such a wonderful imagination.

Julia0331

Asked by Julia0331 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my dd was about 6, we had a mirror hanging over our bed....my dh put it there just for fun...trying to spice things up or whatever....anyway my dd told my mom that I had a mirror over my bed. My mom asked her why she thought I had that mirror there? My dd said, "So when she wakes up in the morning she can see how pretty she is." LOL......
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my dd calls socks, cocks. haha so when we are out somewhere and she sees socks she lets the whole store know that there are cocks mommy. haha so i have to say no they are Socks baby girl, loud enough for everyone to hear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• When DS was about 2 we were in the mall, must say we lived in a very country area and that our town was all white except the cows! And that DS was always covered in mud and I was always saying he needed a bath and he liked to look at himself covered in mud. Anyway it was the first time he saw a black person and it was a mom, dad and child about his age DS looked at them, looked at me and said "mommy they needs a bath"! I swear I still remember those were the exact words he said 14 years later. I so wished for the floor to just swallow me up! Thankfully the parents just laughed, I was so afraid they were offended and too shocked to say anything!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have created a little shopping monster in my 3 year old dd. She loves to look at and comment on beautiful clothes and shoes. We were in the elevator at the mall a couple of weeks ago and a woman was on there with some goofy looking shoes. So my dd looks up at me and says loudly, "Mommy, why is that lady wearing such ugly shoes?" I wanted to crawl into a hole!! The lady just smiled and said "well, they are comfortable" I couldn't get off of that elevator fast enough.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• goaliemom93 & ajw1980

laughing

Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My kids are 17 months apart. When they were about 3 and 4 we were in Walmart. There was a man with a red sweatshirt on and he had very white hair and beard like santa claus. My kids YELL, " MOMMY!!! LOOK THERE'S SANTA!!!! They were pointing and everything. It was June. They did it twice in the same month, different people. Both times, the men heard. I didnt even know what to say/do. LOL
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009