Cucumbers...odd shaped...is anything wrong?

Last month my cucumbers came in great...I am still getting a good supply from the garden...but I have been noticing some of my cucumbers are misshapen...I've got ones I can actually call a "C" shape. Now I am getting ones with one end smaller than the other...I was wondering if perhaps they are not getting enough water? I've been noticing some of the leaves have started to die off...a crinkly brown edge on some. I thought perhaps that there growing time is about to end? Anyway I would love to know if anyone has had the issue, what it might be, and what do I do to either fix the problem or manage it. Thanks in advance.

truetigress

Asked by truetigress at 7:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Please keep in mind, I've never used any fertilizers or even pesticides on my garden. I am I would consider an organic gardener. Again thanks for the help *S*
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 7:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think the leaves mean you should water more as for the "C" shape sometimes that happens. I remember every once in a while my mom's cucumbers would do that.
    mlg87ok

Answer by mlg87ok at 10:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• that is normal for end of season veggies.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009