What are the public schools like in your district?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in

• I work for ours and it has it's good points and bad. Recently we found out that two of the elementary buildings failed the state testing for the 2nd year. However, overall all of the buildings done very well. I love my son's school, I have always had a good relationship with the teachers. I think that is the important part of how well a school does. It is not just school but the parents responsiblilty.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Excellent. Always in the top tier on the annual standardized testing.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We have the best and the worst in the US.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• well on greatschools.com the elementary school in our district was rated a 2 out of 10 on test scores, which is one of the reasons we are homeschooling this year, Also the classes are packed and the teachers are so swamped that I don't see how anything gets done or taught at all. They were supposed to have built an addition that would have given more class room space but our mayor was caught stealing the money that was supposed to have gone towards that so i guess that wont get done anytime soon, so yeah the schools in this district suck....lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We have some of the best in our state and country. A quality education at all the schools.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Very strict 5* "exemplary" and "recognized" schools.

You couldn't pay me enough to send my kids there --- they are homeschooled.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• elementary are good . Middle schools are like dentention centers with 4 cops patroling the school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Our previous school district was no 18 out of 157 districts in the state. Thats pretty good. Then we recently moved and the schools are much more mediocre. They dont do as well on test scores. They rank 57 out of 157 and thats not good enough for me, so we are using a private christian school in the next county over. Ordinarily we couldnt afford to send all of our kids there, but God has provided a way and we are so happy about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The public school my kids go to are excellent and I can't imagine my kids going anywhere else.

Answer by missanc at 1:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• depends on where in my area you live. If you are in a suburb the schools are pretty good, but in the city they are terrible, horrible crime with kids beating teachers, each other and bringing drugs and weapons to class....the failure rate is high and the percentage of minority students is a whopping 92%, whereas it's the opposite in suburbs! Since we live in the city I actualy gave my mother guardianship of my son so he can go to a better suburb school district, until we buy a new house next year in a suburb!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009