Anyone develop skin flaps after delivery?

After I delivered my first child I noticed a small piece of skin similar to a skin tag at the incision site of the episiotomy outside the opening to my vagina. I was so embarassed by it and never mentioned it even to the dr while I was pregnant with my second child. I recently delivered and had another episiotomy and am mostly healed now and have noticed a second one. I never heard of this happening before and was unsure what it was and completely mortified and to the point I never want DH down there again. But then I was reading in the "What to Expect First Year" book and happened upon a small paragraph about this very thing. It said they could easily be repaired but did not say how. Has anyone else had this happen, and how can it be fixed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG I have been soooo afraid to ask that question, yes! And I just noticed mine last week! I'm scared to shave now, and I forgot to ask my doctor about it at my last visit! Thank you for asking this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• They just talked about skin tags today on The Doctors! They are removed by cuting, burning or freezing, and your doctor can do it in minutes, right in the office. Don't be embarrassed, go see your doctor so you don't have to live with this! And see if they have the information on The Doctor's website. Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i was very lucky it seems...i had the cut with my first child and had the same thing happen....but when i went into labor with my second child they let me tear...and the tear left that little piece of skin hanging so they asked me if it was okay for them to just cut it off...so they did! now i have no problems...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Anon 7:31...I think that is why I didnt mention it to my dr the second time. I was really hoping it would tear off on its own but then when I realized it didnt I felt stupid for not mentioning it to start with. I go in 2 weeks for my 6 week checkup and I am going to force myself to mention them this time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i had an episiotomy but that didn't happen to me. my v is deeper on the outside though. a few stiches popped out and they couldn't do ne thing about it i guess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009