how do u clean a cement floor?

u know, all cracked up and stuff? this is a portion of my (only partially finished basement) in my house we just moved into 3mos ago. It's 1920 to early 30's and was vacant for 18+ mos (maybe LOTS) longer B4 we moved in and tomorrow the kids are going awake sun rise to sun set and we're getting this basement as clean as is humanly possible but the floors man, whew... pretty nasty. they've not been cleaned in years, maybe decades! I'm not familiar w/ cement at all. I want them sanitary, pretty isn't really possible. I have bought rugs for the worst areas.... but using my swiffer doesnt seem really like enough... ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Use a good ole Hoover SteamVac - start with just water then move on to a disinfectant - making sure to suck up as much water as possible when done with each round. I'd expect to do the entire floor at east 3 times. OR you can have a company come in and do it. P.S. I use my SteamVac on my tile floor too - it works great! Much faster than vacuum, sweep, mop, rinse, dust mop .
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Girl get a mop, bucket and some Lysol and clean that floor good. If you really want to make sure it's sterile add a little Clorox to the mix...but keep the kids away from it and preferable outside for a minute and open your window if you have any to air out the strong fumes. Good luck.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009