hair falling out?

im 9 months PP and when i shower and what not i lose a good amount of hair least 40-50 pieces.. why is that?

peytonJJ27

Asked by peytonJJ27 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Mine does it too, and continued after pregnancy for awhile, it's pretty common, my husbands grandmother's teeth all fell out during her 1st pregnancy and her 1st daughter's did as well. The baby takes soooo much from you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• thyroid maybe. I had the same thing happening - along with very dry brittle hair, dry skin, I was practically lethargic, gained weight and a whole list of other things. Had to go on thyroid, it got a lot better.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It's normal for a human to shed up to 100 hair follicles a day but during pregnancy, it's not...you may have a vitamin deffiency
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The doctors say it's normal during pregnancy our hairs grows alot and we don't lose it and after the baby it begins to fall out. It was hair that's already dead and would have fallen out anyway if you were not preggo. My baby is 9 months and I still lose tons of hair all the time.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• baby is taking all of the calcium from ur body if ur taking vitamins it will be ok it happened to me on my hair n nails..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009