Pelvic and cervix question

im 36 weeks and this past week i have been feeling painful sharp pains in my hips. to the point were its hard to walk, what could that be? also my doc said that the baby last week had droped and is head down, i swear that she is like head-butting my cervix, is that possible, is that how i dialate, by the baby pushing on my cervix. help this is my first and never felt this pain before.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is possible for your baby to head butt your cervix but I wouldnt think he/she would be that low at this point. The more pressure the baby is putting on your cervix, the more you can dilate but it is possible to dilate while you still have a floater. As for the sharp pain... that sounds like sciatica to me (like the baby is pinching your sciatic nerve)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Your hips are probably spreading in prep for delivery and yes the head is probably pushing...when I was preggo with DD the last 3 weeks it felt like if I didn't hold my hand over my vagina, she would fall right out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009