Anyone else paranoid about H1N1??

I'm SO freaked out that my 1st grader is going to bring it home and infect my 3 month old!! The first thing he does when he gets home is wash his hands and then changes out of his school clothes....are there any other precautions I can take??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• omg, i am so scared!! i am so scared that me or someone in my family is going to get it and give it to my 3 month old son. i have been freaking out about this since i was pregnant.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Nope not worried at all. I have a good friend who is deathly terrified of it though.
    babygirl5151999

Answer by babygirl5151999 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my kids are homeschooled and I'm scared! lol, my step daughter goes to a public school and I'm afraid she's gonna bring it here lol, especially now that they're saying that they are not planning to close the schools this year even if a few people get it...scary!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• oh and I have a 2 month old so thats what freaks me out even more!
    lovelyli217

• Breast feed ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I was taking it all in stride until I saw the news today. It said that by flu season that 1/2 of US population will be infected. Since it seems to target young children, I am frantic. My oldest just started K and I have an almost 4 yr old and a newborn on the way in 2 weeks. I am so scared!!!
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• What the hell difference is breastfeeding going to make Anon? That's just dumb. Breastfeeding has NOTHING to do with it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I AM I AM !!!!!!!! I am a stay at home BUT my mom is a school teacher and we see her regularly I know she washes her hands and everything but it still scares me ALOT . Plus I am due to have our second baby in 6 weeks. The news FREAKED me out saying that the US population will get it and it will be mainly YOUNG kids !!! I already freak out about enough stuff as it is so this is just not what I needed to hear !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 9:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My daughter had it in May. It is the fricking flu. 3.5 days of fever, a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.
    If your children have normal, healthy immune systems, you have nothing to worry about.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009