Are there any tips or tricks to making your baby cooperate when finding out the gender?

xoxneanxox

Asked by xoxneanxox at 7:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• unfortunately no there arent any....with BOTH my kids they had thier legs crossed in front of them the whole time....lol but one trick they DO say is a way to tell...is if the heartbeat is over 150 its a girl, boys have a lower heartbeat...dont know exactly how accurate this is but it was true with BOTH my girls and thats what the nurse had told me!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You can try drinking something cold right before or eat to try and get baby moving around. My baby would be moving around....she was so active...until we would do an ultrasound and for some reason it was like she knew we were looking at her, she would stop moving around and put her little hands in front of her face lol...so silly.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• um try walking around a lil bit if the legs are crossed, poke your tummy. idk i didnt have that problem when i found out the sex thats the first thing she saw when she put the monitor on there
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i jumped up and down in the bathroom lol worked! or drink a soda or a little coffee, something with caffeine beforehand to get them to move a little
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• cold water and/or a big meal always gets my baby moving
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• drink OJ makes em jump around but i didnt find out what i was having till my 30wk 3d/4d so GL!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 8:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• well to get a good picture drink plenty of clear fluids before your ultrasound appt. to get the baby to move around, you could poke your belly a few times and wait a moment to see if your baby moves back with you. that is what our ultrasound tech did. our son was back-facing and wouldn't budge.....then finally she starting poking my belly with her finger and our son flashed us, and his gender was no longer a mystery!!!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009