Time for doctor or wait and see?

My son just turned a year old.. today actually! Last night, according to my parents (I was not at home) he threw up around bedtime. Today he doesn't have much of an appetite for solids. He ate his yogurt this morning.. one of the little cups and 3/4 of another, he only took a few bites of cereal and fruit at lunch time, and the same for dinner (meat and veggies) He is taking whole milk in his Nuby cups and we offer water every now and then.. so I know he's not dehydrated. He's seeing his doctor in a week for his 1 year checkup. I don't know if this could be a tummy bug, or just a little bit of a sour stomach. He acts fine all day, plays, is happy, and very VERY vocal lol. So he's not acting sick other than throwing up after his dinner and not having an appetite for solids. Should I wait it out another day and see or take him to the doctor? (Also, he's not running a fever)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait it out. If he is playing and still drinking he is fine. Probably just a little bug.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I just went through something similar with my 2 year old he was fine and playing and happy go lucky but he was vomitting turned out to be a 12 hour bug as he was fine the next day. Gl with your little one
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I would go ahead and keep an eye on him but if it just keeps playing out like this then I would say just wait until his appt.
    Haynes_mommy

Answer by Haynes_mommy at 8:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i would just wait it out as long as it doesn't last for more than a few days. if you are worried about dehydration go and get some pedialite it has electorlites in it that will help prevent dehydration.
    amber_dawn1205

Answer by amber_dawn1205 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'd wait it out. Babies will let you know when their sick. My son seemed to lose his appetite too around the time he turned a year...it was weird. He never threw up though but if he's drinking milk and holding what he is eating down he should be fine. As long as it doesn't get worse I think he'll be okay until next week when he sees the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009