Lower Back Pain?

I am 35 weeks pregnant and am having pain in my very lower back, ( like my butt bone). It hurts to walk, sit, stand, everything and i was wondering if anyone knew what it could be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did feel that way around the same time as you, when i went to the docs they told me my son was really low I wasn't dialating yet but my cervix was thinning out and the baby was dropping.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yea, i'm 32 weeks and going through the same thing, my doc told me it's normal bc everything is spreading out and you have extra weight on your pelvis. also, the baby can hit/sit on nerves and make other parts of your body hurt too. one time the left side of my face went numb, i didn't worry though bc i knew the baby probably just kicked me in an odd spot and it only happened once.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sounds pretty normal to me....like the ordinary pregnancy aches and pains associated with added pressure in the 3rd trimester. Your baby may have dropped, and it is also possible that his/her feet or butt are pressing against your lower back area. You could try taking regular Tylenol ( not extra-strength ) for pain. I would not recommend using a heating pad for pain relief because it raises your body temperature drastically, especially in the area near the baby and it is dangerous for him/her. Sometimes in pregnancy you can get some really rough aches and pains. I hope you feel better. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Talk to your doc, but you can use a heating pad and tylenol to help ease the pain. It could be your sciatic nerve: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/322980/tips_for_dealing_with_prenatal_sciatic.html?cat=52
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009