My husband and I are thinking of relocating to Texas, should we do it?

My husband and I are thinking of moving to Texas sometime next year, the problem is that we are from a small town in Louisiana where we were born and raised and all of our family is here and we are close to them (at least on my side). Also, we have 2 children ages 7 and 2 and I just found out that I am pregnant and due sometime in March or April of next year. If we move he would be making more money, and I have always wanted to live in Texas. I just dont want this to be a decision that is made just by me for me. My hubby says that he doesnt care where we are as long as we are together. It would definitely be alot of changes, but I feel like we would be better if we were not so close to our family, also that we need to find our freedom and independence. Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. I am just not sure what to do.

mom7201262010

Asked by mom7201262010 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• yes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Louisiana and Texas aren't that far...it's not as if you're moving to another continent.

And if you're all that close,. you may well find that family follows you. It happened to my parents!

If there are better opportunities in Texas, then take them. You can always move back.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• As an Air Force wife I know to much about changes and moving. You have enough time to plan this move, so plan and pack as much as you can while you can. The kids will be fine as long as they have thier parents love and support. When you don't have family near by you do learn to communicate more, realiy on each other more, and co-operate more. And spend more on travel.
    If you think this would be good for your family then go for it. Try to have the internet with web cams so every one can still see and talk to each other. We do that tons.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes, life is an adventure, take a chance!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009