Do you ever feel like youre talking to yourself?

Do you ever feel like youre talking to yourself when youre talking to your baby? When I take my 9mo son on walks I talk to him, point things out and ask questions. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself though, and I feel like I probably look like im loopy, lol. He will respond by making babbling noises but its not like we have a real conversation going on. Lol, I guess I just feel weird sometimes. Anyone else feel like they are talking to themself?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, never! because you are speaking to another person even if they are unable to converse with you just yet. talk to your child as much as possible, it helps to build their vocabulary! and try not think about what anyone else thinks.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yeah but I don't care. :) It's more fun talking to my 3 month old than a lot of people I know!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I use to feel that way when my daughter was first born. She's 2 months old now and I don't feel like that anymore. I sometimes feel silly because I'll be walking around the grocery store talking up a storm to her or even singing the song they are playing!! People sometimes look at me like I'm nuts but I don't care :-)
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 8:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not not really. I've always considered my son to be good company :) I talk to him all the time and the only time I really feel weird is when we're out in public because I get looks when I hold one-sided conversations with my 1 year old lol. But I really don't care, because it's good learning for him!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I should add that I tried the whole reading aloud to your baby while pregnant thing and THAT made me feel weird lol!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• All the time. The other day, I was singing to my 11-month old in Costco because he thought it was funny. I felt like a total moron.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 10:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I used to, but now I talk to her all the time. :) When I have her in the store, I'll point things out and when people tell me she's cute or adorable, I tell her that she's being admired again. I get smiles and coos in response and its so cute ^_^
    Kishkidaayki

Answer by Kishkidaayki at 11:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009