When will my 7 week old stop living in his swaddling blanket?

With my first I knew nothing about swaddling and kept him in receiving blankets for a few weeks til his arms fought out and then I learned after he got older so I got a swaddling blanket with my 2nd and he's 7 weeks old and unless he's in it, he won't go to sleep and he fusses til you put him back in it. When will he want out?

babygirl9304627

Asked by babygirl9304627 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be any time. The latest I have heard is 3 mo for a swaddling blanket. Whenever your baby doesn't want his swaddling blanket anymore, or when he cannot fit comfortably in it, he will let you know. Usually it is by 2-3 mo.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I agree with PP
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Ha mine stayed swaddled at night until 6 months!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my step daughter wanted to be swaddled until she was almost a year, but my daughter is 6 weeks and won't be swaddled at all, swaddling blanket or not. It all depends on the child and how comfortable they are with the swaddling/swaddling blanket.
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• my dd is 4 months and i have the same problem she wont go to sleep unless she is really tight and im running out of blankies to wrap her in lol
    laly87

Answer by laly87 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009