I am starting my son on milk...

My son just turned a year and I am starting him on milk. I don't want to give it to him in a bottle, only a sippie so we can get rid of the bottle too. So I can't mix it with the formula because he won't take formula from a sippy. He took a few sips yesterday and seemed to not like it at all, and won't try it today. What should I do??

Also how much milk should he be drinking when hes completely off formula?

Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 20-26 oz of milk per day is what my ped recommends. As far as not liking it, my son had no problems, so I am not sure. He switched formulas, to whole milk, soy and rice milk for a time for digestive problems, and back again and never had an issue. I would just keep offering it. Children will often refuse a food many times just because it is foreign, 10 or more refusals is common. Keep at it, and good luck!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I was told to try vanilla soy milk. I had a milk question on here a while ago and someone said that their 3 yr old still hates milk and will only drink soy. I'm keping my baby on Good Start 2 because he is small and needs the nutrition.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• CHOCOLATE SYRUP!!! (Only kidding!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009