Can you get lipo suction while pregnant?

I've got normal fat in addition to just uterus weight, like theres a 2-3 inch layer of fat on my stomach that doesn't need to be there, same with my thighs

will they let me get lipo while i'm pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I call troll!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Any good Dr. would say no. Focus on the baby inside of your stomach, not the fat on the outside. You're gonna gain even more weight the longer you're pregnant, so it would be stupid to get lipo even if it was safe.

Is this question even serious? I mean, really?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i just thought it would help so i dont get the saggy belly afterwards, i'd never heard anything against it before
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• People with no fat on their bellies can get saggy bellies too. It all depends on the elasticity of your skin, and there is very little you can do to prevent it.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No, you need to wait and do stuff like that after you deliver the baby. You never know what your body is going to look like 6 months after you give birth. It might all be gone by then.

I really hope in addition to worrying about this you are eating well (not starving to stay thin), not over exercising, and taking your vitamins. Please focus on taking care of your body and baby and not they way you look.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• well you should just wait till after you have the baby if you really want it then you can get the extra stuff you gained while take off too if it's that big of a deal...you cant really do it during for the sheer fact theres a BABY in your stomach and any kind of operation like that can lead to infection which could kill the baby so just take care of the baby now and do it after
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• maybe you should be caring more about your baby and not that "layer of fat" you are pregnant, deal woth it. sorry to sound bitchy, but that is just selfish, I hope you outgrow that before the baby is born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• okay then, i didn't get any educated answers here. I'll call around tomorrow and see if its actually okay to do or not. sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Someone doesn't need to be educated on the subject to know that a Dr. will not allow it. Any kind of surgery poses a risk for infection, and no good Dr. would allow a highly unnecessary surgery while a woman is pregnant. Not to mention, your skin and body takes a while to heal after getting liposuction. It's also very painful. Your stomach would be growing while your body was trying to heal. Another thing is...you have to be put under general anesthesia for liposuction, and I know from personal experience that a Dr. will not authorize you to be put to sleep while you're pregnant unless it is absolutely vital that you do so, and even then they have to hook you up to a fetal heart monitor to make sure your baby doesn't die. Go ahead, call around tomorrow, but you're going to look like an idiot asking about liposuction while you're pregnant, I'm just warning you. You'll see.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Any reputable doctor wouldnt touch that one with a 10 foot pole. There is too many risks involved for such a trivial procedure while pregnant. Your going to gain more weight through out the pregnancy any way, plus a "saggy belly" has more to do with your skin than the fat under it. I know women who are stick thin and still have a little sag.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009