Would You Want You For A Mom?

If you stopped right now and took a hard look at the kind of mom you've been this past week, would you be excited to be a kid that had you for a mom?

I stopped and thought about that today after having a particularly stressful day. Lately I always feel like I'm running around like the women in the Kathy cartoon, all frazzled and stressed out. Just taking care of the kids and house, but not being much fun at all. I find myself wanting a break now and then (I get a break from the kids about once every 3 months). And while every mom deserves a break now and then, the truth is my thinking about it daily isn't fair to my kids.

I know a lot of you are quick to judge and will bash me or pretend you have it all together. But, I'm sure quite a few of you need to do as I've done and take a long hard look at yourself and honestly see room for improvement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• no. i think im one of the worst mothers there is. i cant find a job to save my life. i cant afford to get my kids anything they would enjoy i get so stressed out i feel me push them away. I dont have a car to get them where they need to go. i didnt find a good man to be their father all i found was a lousy man that thinks hes their dad but i guess thats his problem not mine! i feel like i can take a lil of my stress out on them even though i try not to. I often think it would have been better if i would have giving them up to someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sure!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Im glad I had my mom... she was/is fun, always made homemade meals.... I think I am a fun mom, but not as fun as my mom was.....I cant stand things to be out of place though ( my mom wasnt that way ) .... and Im over protective..and i watch everything my kids do...so I dont think i would have as much fun growing up, if my mom was the way i am
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i feel the same way! i feel like im constantly taking my stress out on the kids and there are times i have to stop and breathe and say to myself they dont deserve this! and i smile and make myself slow down and do something nice with my kids and it makes me feel better- so yes i would like me for a mom sometimes...lol at least im better at it than my own mom!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• it's hard for me to be fun when i have to work and come home tired and then take care of my son while my hubby has the night shift. not much time for fun. sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well, my son is 5 months old, and If I was a 5 month old I would just want to be fed, burped, cuddled, changed, bathed, played with, protected and loved....and I do all of those things> I am stressed out, and I worry about everything but I am a great mother. I never wanted children and had an unexpected pregnancy...the father is the biggest idiot I have met thus far in life..but I am making it through and doing everything for my baby. I got my act together and so yes I would be proud to have myself as a mother. I had awesome parents and hope to be as great and supportive as them one day.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Didn' mean to be annoying but a year ago I would have just been worried about what bar I was going to that night or the latest drama...now I spend my time with my son, figuring out our future, taking classes, and I worry about everything from his health to the outside world. I am a different person but a better one!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just know that I understand my own mom even more with each passing day
    I'm not the most fun mom nor do I spoil my kids but they have what they need and they aren't hungry or abused and they are treated with respect........because if you show them respect they will return it and you will be respected
    kids learn by example.....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009