has your DH ever...

told you to stop breastfeeding because he felt it was taking up too much time and not allowing you to get anything done? Mind you, the baby is only 2 months old and we have 3 other kids so i probably wouldnt get anything done anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• tell him to stop being jealous of the new baby and get his nuts chopped or learn to use a condom and he wouldnt have to deal with it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• wow that was mean!!

can you try a baby sling so your hands are free?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Honestly no. DH was very supportive. But I went out of my way to make sure he didn't feel neglected during this. Though not as early as 2 months, I think it took 3 before the baby would go very long without feeding. You need to talk this through with him, maybe he is saying that because of something YOU are saying. Alot of times dh will say things because I keep complaining about something. For instance, if he comes home and gets hit with , "honey I'm exhausted, the baby has been crying and nursing non-stop and I don't have time to do anything". To you that is venting, to him, he is thinking, "maybe she wants me to give her permission to quit, maybe she is looking for me to take the lead and give her a way to fix this". So be careful how you say things and make sure to talk to him to find out what he is thinking.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think that's a terrible thing to say. I personally don't breastfeed (I didn't feel it was right for me) but I have extreme admiration for those who DO. Don't listen to him and don't feel guilty.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 9:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No. My husband has been very supportive with the breast feeding of all 3 children, including the 2 year old that I am still nursing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes. But in my case it was taking up so much time that I would end up neglecting the other 2 kids we have. He didn't ask me to give it up completely but he thought it was too much when I had to spend the WHOLE day on the coach. From 6 until 10-11pm that's all I could do.
    So we compromised (for a few weeks anyway). I would nurse for an hour in the morning, and hour in the afternoon and then right before bed. I actually worked really well. I was able to play with my other 2 boys, eat, keep the house clean and even exercise a couple times a week. Plus I had WAY more energy. And to be honest my baby was happier too cause he was finally getting enough food. (I had supply issues.)
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 10:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I nursed all my kids (3) and my hubby never asked me to stop. My son, I swear, was attached 24 hours a day for the 1st 3 months. Hubby cleaned the house and bottle fed a few times after work so I could get a rest and spend quality time with the older sister. He was the best!! I agree with the gal that asked if you were giving slight suggestions that hubby might be trying to fix. He could also just be being a jerk your call.
    Yimpulsiveme

Answer by Yimpulsiveme at 11:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No. I tried going into the living room to breastfeed in the middle of the night so I wouldn't disturb hubby, but hubby insisted I wake him up and turn on the light to do it in the room where I would be more comfortable.
    And I learned how to get things done, I could type and do math homework while breastfeeding.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i haven't been giving any hints or anything- its just that he will come home and the clothes wont be folded and hell flip and be like- well what have you been doing all day and Ill say taking care of the baby and and the kids I just didn't get a chance and he'll be like oh well that breastfeeding is whats taking up all of your time, you need to put a stop to that! But to tell you the truth he was always against it but I went against his wishes and started to breastfeed anyway...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• oh and that was me-OP forgot to say that
    Anonymous