is this normal?

i feel really awkward asking this. i'm a first time mommy that has no idea what the heck shes doing or suppose to be doing in this crazy thing called pregnancy. well, i found out im pregnant july 23rd and was immediately given prenatals then sent home from the doctors. well being married to the army... the facilities have been making me go back and forth just to be able to see an OB. well i spotted about a week and a half ago for about 3 days then again today.... should i be worried or" is this normal?"

1sttimema_808

Asked by 1sttimema_808 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• report any bleeding, spotting or cramping to your doctor immediately. i say regardless of how far along you are- its more common in the first trimester but i'd still say something
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. The only way to know is to get an ultrasound to make sure your baby is doing well. I started spotting brown discharge around 7 weeks, and I got an ultrasound verifying that the baby was ok. My colleague had the same symptoms and ended up having a miscarriage. So go check.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It's probably nothing, but I would definately call my OB and tell them just to be safe.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 9:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i appreciate all these answers but the problem is, i havent gottn an actual doctor yet. i go to see one on sept 2nd. i feel kind of hopeless honestly not know how to go about doing anything around here. new to the whole process of this military thing. please feel free to IM me however you do that in this program. i just feel really lost...
    1sttimema_808

Answer by 1sttimema_808 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Don't wait for your appointment. Call the hospital and tell them what's going on. I started bleeding before my first appointment. You don't have to be assigned to a doctor to get an ultrasound.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009