depresion**Christians**

When you just feel poopy in life, is there a verse you like to read?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd REALLY recommend Joyce Meyers "Battlefield of the Mind" book. It helps A LOT in that area and many others. It also has many bible verses in it, but it's such a powerful book. Seeing how I've delt with depression a lot, it's taught me a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Op- is poopy a theologic term...lol
    Anon 6:51 she asked for verses not a book writen by someone who preaches false doctrine.

I read the Psalms, I like how David and the other writers felt free enough to complain to God but then also praise Him. Sometimes we try to be fake with God and it's so silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I read and reread the Psalms. They seem to always speak to me, no matter where I am on a given day.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Anon 6:51 she asked for verses not a book writen by someone who preaches false doctrine.

How do you figure she teaches false doctrine? She uses bible scriptures along with everything she preaches to back it up. I'd like an example of her false doctrine she has taught please.
    She is a Holy Spirit filled woman who does not follow "religious" doctrine. She follows God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have researched Joyce Meyer doctrine and only found ONE thing she said in 1996 in a book she wrote. In fact it is the ONLY thing that I have EVER read that may not have been accurate. (I'm not sure I haven't looked in to it enough yet). Either way, if she was wrong in what she wrote that ONE time, does that make her a preacher who teaches nothing but false doctrine? No. I can bet that EVERY preacher, every person better yet has been in ERROR on AT LEAST one thing that did not line up with the bible. I don't think it's humanly possible for us to ALWAYS be right. This doesn't make her false. It makes her human, and as humans we all have error at some point. I'd have to say, if ONE THING she said in 1996 is ALL she ever said wrong, then she's doing pretty good! If she was wrong then the Lord will show her. No big deal. The Lord has to show us all our errors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Hmm, I also read that a Pastor confronted Joyce about what she had wrote and she corrected them because she apparently was humble and seen that she made error. I've read up on all of it, and people are absolutely criticizing this woman for what she wrote one time, but they seem to leave out the part that once confronted, after she seen her error, she corrected it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Ya know..I'm Catholic and I usually don't go for those hardcore preacher people, but Joyce Meyers got my attention one day, and she is really something. I like her..
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i love to read psalms, and also the passages in which Jesus was depressed; it makes me feel as though its ok for me to be depressed, cuz Jesus was, and He understands. He was depressed right before He was crucified, in the Garden of Gethsemane.
    I have to point out that our opinion of Joyce Meyer was not the topic, rather it was how we as Christians deal with depression. I apologize if I offend, but as Christians we should be addressing the poster's need for reassurance and support, not arguing over Joyce Meyer. Some people find wisdom and comfort in her books, others don't. That is okay.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009