how do you pray?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• sometimes I use the Lord's prayer...some times I just talk to him about things...some times I do prayer requests...and when ever I hear an ambulance, I pray a short prayer and ask God to be with those in need, doctor's, emt's, and the person(s) that are hurt...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Same as the person above pretty much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I pray anytime and anywhere, whenever necessary. I pray when I want to thank God, I pray when I want to ask for help, and I pray when I just want to talk to God.
    mrsfaram

Answer by mrsfaram at 10:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I address Heavenly Father, thank him for blessings and good things in my life, ask him for help in areas that I need, and close in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Nothing memorized it all comes from my heart. I figure, he's my Heavenly Father and really does want to hear whatever I'm thinking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I close my eyes, usually knelled and usually with my face pointing up. Sometimes i close my hands, sometimes i dont. I can and have done this anywhere.
    Other times i have my hand on my sons' hands and i look at them and smile as we thank The God and Goddess for all the life they've created. This usually encourages my boys to join in.
    Other times i pray, late at night, in bed. These are usually my very personal prayers. Ones that i feel cant be done anywhere else but here and in my Sacred Space.
    Usually when i pray in my Sacred Space i say more then one prayer in 2-3 of the forms i listed above.

Also, I prefer to use the word blessing. oh ...and btw. I'm Pagan. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• In many ways and many different times. As a Christian I believe that God is far less hung up about how we pray than why we pray. Too many Christians treat God as a cosmic vending machine, insert proper prayers get what you want. Prayer is simply communicating with God, connecting with Him in a supernatural way. So since I want to communicate everything about my life with Him I communicate in various ways, sometimes I just spend time worshiping, thinking and praising Him for who He is. Sometimes I am asking for needs, sometimes I'm just telling Him what I am feeling and thinking, some prayers are thank you prayers. And sometimes I just ask for Him to speak to me. If I am quiet and listen He does. The point of prayer is to grow closer to God. We do that by spending time with Him.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2009