why does the defense of God make some people upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why is there a religious war going on in CafeMom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think I missed something.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It is not the defense of God that others find offensive, it is the vile words coming from the mouths of those trying to defend him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't know. I don't think about that. I think about how can I help or listen....I am not going to put my religion on anyone, but, I used to have a neighbor and we would sit in her backyard and just talk about the bible...Since we moved away, I really miss her. If i'm in instrument in God's word...great...I just don't get into the politics..I figure if you believe, we will all go to Heaven.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It doesn't, it makes me giggle. It's when people bring my personal life or the life of my child into the argument that I get pissed off and go all Mama Bear on their ass.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• its not so much the defense of God, but the unwanted words about God when it doesnt pertain to the question. and the implication that those who dont believe are some how lower than those who do.

basically, think about what things make you mad when someone is denying God...dont do those things when defending God. like dont over power a question by posting pictures of Jesus & scripture or keep posting the same thing like "GOD DOES EXIST" over & over again. that is childish & is what leads to problems...from both sides.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• bc some ppl are tired of hearing about him and having him pushed down their throat. NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES WHAT U DO! im tired of christians knockin on my door thats rude to me! u shouldnt push a religion just be u believe let other believe what they want and if u think its so wrong walk the other way. Every time i turn around someone has to say something about god and how great he is. to me hes nothing hes not around when i see him for myself i will believe until then i wont! if god is so great y is my life shit? i NEVER asked for what i was delt. i try to do my best when it comes to my kids and other people. i have giving what i can when i can! and i get shit on every time. ANy time things seem to be pickin up they fall right back down if there were a god he wouldnt keep ppl down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• hate to say it, but it is the defenders of God, not necessarily the defense. sometimes it turns into a 'yo momma' kind of fight..one tries to outdo the other, and so on. is that christlike? no. its human, to defend to the end that which you love and hold dear. justification? really, none.
    "a gentle word turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.'' proverbs 15:1
    personally? yes, i get upset, and want to lash out in 'defense' and sometimes do...but ultimately, you can't take back what you say. and what you say, right or wrong, is hardly ever forgotten to the offended one. doesn't matter which side of the 50yd line you're standing on.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I'm Christian, but I will say that both sides are guilty and at fault and no side is any better than the other. What matters for me is that I am not being like that, and likewise with anyone else. Sometimes people put too much focus on other people's faults, they stop seeing their own. There are some Christians on here who do say vile things that do not reflect God a bit, and there are other people on here who aren't Christians who do the same. I think everyone needs to stop and look at themselves instead of other people so much. There will always be people of all religions who say nasty, degrading things, but I choose to be the better person and give a nice, honest opinion to all who ask. You can't disregard one side and point out another side, because I see it equally on here, as do many other people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think this goes the same as the earlier similar atheist question... it's not so much the defense, but the way it's done. Many who do believe in God stated it's not the assertion of atheism that bothers them as much as the connotation that everyone who DOES believe in God is stupid. I think for a lot of people who don't believe in God, it's not the defense of God that offends, but the attitude that one is 'lost' or 'misled' for not believing that makes them angry. JMO!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009