Anyone Have Problems with IUD?!

Your IUD? I have an IUD, I've had it since 2005. It's the Mirena one and I've never had any problems with it. I've also always had a period with it.

Then, in April I had the heaviest and longest period I'd ever had since having my IUD inserted.

May--no period at all.

June--no period, but PAIN in lower abdomen, lots of pain, random bleeding. Neg preg test.

July--no period, PAIN in lower abdomen, random bleeding. Neg pg test. Dr. said could be an infection, ran no tests, IUD still in place looks fine.

Aug--no period, PAIN, spotty blood, crampy constant pain in my lower abdomen.

Please don't tell me to go to the dr. again, I have an appt soon!

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this with an IUD or if you have any idea what could be going on!?

Plus-size-mommy

Asked by Plus-size-mommy at 9:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• I had ParaGuard IUD and after about a year i started getting BAD pelvic pain in my right side. Not real bad periods thouugh. I don't know what it could be, but i went to my Dr. and she removed it. She wanted me to get an ultrasound done, but i never did because the pain went away a couple of days after it was removed. I hope you find relief soon. Sorry i could'nt be of better help.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2009