SWELLING LEGS... IS IT NORMAL FOR LEGS TO SWELL??

EVERYTIME I GET UP TO DO SOMETHING MY LEGS SWELL UP. IS IT NORMAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea but you need to tell your doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Well, I'm about 35 weeks pregnant and mine are horribly swollen. My Dr. says it's normal, but I'd check with yours just to be on the safe side. Drink lots of water and put your feet up...not much else you can do, unfortunately.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yeah it is, but check with your dr, because if your BP is high, or there is protein in your urine it could be preeclampsia
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Some swelling is normal, but if it's very much, it may not be. Not to scare you, but I had severe toxemia, and my feet, legs, and face were very swollen. My blood pressure skyrocketed, and the baby and I were both in danger and required an emergency c-section. Yours may be normal, but to be sure I would talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Don't drink soda, avoid salt and salty foods, lay on your left side. Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Definately talk to your doctor!!!! My blood pressure went way up and my doctor decided to induce and I end up having congestive heart failure. I don't want to scare you, but you have to monitor this. Mine was partly caused from all the pitocin and IV's that I was given and my body could not get rid of the excess water, so it accumulated until my lungs were full. Yours could just be normal, but make sure.
    captaintara

Answer by captaintara at 12:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2009