Diapers in daycare, still potty training at home?

Ok, talked with owner/teachers (from yesterday) and it has been decided that it's just easier to wait to train her till she moves into the 2 year old room. But since I have already started this past weekend, would it cause an issue to let her be in diapers at daycare, and do training pants/potty every half hour at home (evenings and weekends)? Or just hold off the whole thing till daycare is stable enough to be consistent?

lilmama2be

Asked by lilmama2be at 10:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would wait to be consistent. Unless she is really showing an interest. You could have her potty trained in one weekend at home the whole time. Just give her lots to drink all day so she gets to know the feeling of needing to pee. And keep taking her to the bathroom every 30 min. Good Luck!!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I asked my teachers if they would at least take her after naptime. They agreed. That adds to some consistency. We go in the am when we get up, and after naps, and other random times throughout the day when I am off work, which is only weekends, but go every morning when we first wake up. I feel this is introducing her to the idea so she know what it is (up until now, peepeeing was tearing tp off and putting it in the toliet).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009