Anyone else feel equally repulsed by Democrats and Republicans?

...like maybe they are all really on the same "team" and all this bickering is just a big distraction to make us THINK we have choices, when we really don't?

....if you do feel this way, who did you vote for last Nov.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Baldwin / Castle

Wish I could have voted Ron Paul
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I feel this way, and I voted for Chuck Baldwin. Would have voted for Ron Paul if I could have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think that being a Congressman was never meant to be a career. I think that ALL the current Congressman/women need to leave office unless they are on their 1st or 2nd term.

Most people seem to think that if they vote for in the Presidential election, then their voice is heard. That's so ridiculous. If you really want to make a difference, vote in every local election you can. The Presidential election is the LEAST important election you'll ever vote in. Once you make a difference locally, you can make a difference nationally, then globally.

Sit around and bitch about Obama or Bush or whatever, but know that it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. Be more vocal locally and you'll see change. Everyone bitches about how things are and they keep voting in the same people in Congress. That makes you a dumbass. Sorry, but it does. Get rid of the people who don't agree with you.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 10:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Do you think, seeing as lots are not happy now. A thord party has a real shot at the office? Or at the least getting the 5% it needs to get federal $$ and equal air time??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have hopes that true Fiscally Conservatives will prevail. I see glimpses, but no true stand p fiscally conservatives, et. Republicans upset me with their spending during the Bush years. Democrats infuriate me because they do NOT seem to care about the current state of the economy and are spending as if they are "entitled" to spend trillions and trillions of dollars on a liberal packed agenda spending spree.

We need a true fiscally conservative partyto rise up and bring this country to a level of efficiency we SHOULD be at as a World Leader...  The disgusting amount we owe China, Japan, etc is horrid and only growing. That is scarey. jmo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

THIS is the most corrupt part of our government. They lobby for their jobs, not for "the people"...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wish we'd go party-less. I'm so tired of people voting along party lines and not paying attention to what's really going on. I think we'd be in a much better shape if we got rid of all the parties.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 10:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• ive only voted twice...once for Bush & then last year for Obama. ive come to the realization that no matter who you vote for, they are going to do whatever the hell they want, not whats best for the country. they arent bad ppl or the anti-Christ or in cahoots with the "bad guys", they just dont give a damn what the "normal" ppl think or care about.

i do vote in my local elections & i love the town i live in b/c its run by smart ppl. same for the governor.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I also wish the Vice President slot would go back to the original terms of the Constitution where we only voted only for office of President and the one who lost got Vice President... I think that would ensure more transparency/checks and balances/etc..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• "I also wish the Vice President slot would go back to the original terms of the Constitution where we only voted only for office of President and the one who lost got Vice President... I think that would ensure more transparency/checks and balances/etc.."

You really think egos could go for that? Can you see McCain being a VP to Obama? There would be too much animosity to get the job done.

How about Bush Sr as a VP to Clinton.... really?
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 10:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009