anyone else take amoxicillan while pregnant?

Im 35 weeks, and I have a bad bad toothache, that needs a root canal, but we are trying to wait until after the baby is born...but until then he gave me amoxicillan to try to kill the infection and lortabs for the pain...lortabs make me feel icky anyways, but i took the amoxicillan tonight for the first time, and within 30 minutes i feel jsut sick! like im going to throw up if i move! i;ve eaten with it, and took it with 2 glasses of water!! ive taken it before and this never happened/, anyone else have this problem? my tooth is killin me, but i dont wanna take a lortab now because itll make me even more sick!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was prescribed the exact same 2 medicines for an infected wisdom tooth earlier in this pregnancy. It made me feel sick the first time too, if I remember correctly. However, your body will eventually get used to both medicines and you won't feel as sick. I would recommend taking at least the antibiotic...once the infection is under control, the pain will lessen a lot. Hope you feel better soon, tooth pain is the worst!!!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I took quite a few drugs during my pregnancy due to a bad asthma attack and respiratory infection. Amoxicillin is one of the mildest and safest out there. Also, the further long you are, the better, since the baby is mostly developed anyway. You won't be hurting yourself or the baby with it at this point. As far as the feeling sick, it's probably just that you are more sensitive to it right now. You could try to take it right before bed so you sleep through the sickness. I needed a root canal during pregnancy too. I got Percocet to take, maybe that will help you more. Good luck, hope you feel ebtter soon!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I was on it because my son head butted me and I needed a root canal too. Once the medicine was gone though, I dont have anymore pain but later on Ill still need a root canal.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 10:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I did with this last pregnancy for a UTI and for a tooth being taken out and to make sure there was no infection in my gums from pullin the tooth cause they said there was a cyst or something there that they got out, but to make sure it was all gone to take the pills. Then my doctor called me to tell me the other antibiotics for the UTI didnt work and to take amoxicillan for it and i told them i just stated to take that actually for a tooth problem, lol so it worked out at the same time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just got done taking amoxicillin because I had an abcessed tooth. It didn't bother me at all. My doctor also gave me hydrocone for the pain. I had the tooth removed today and it was fine. Now I don't have to worry about the baby getting the infection.. well worth it !!
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009