If your SIL's child

hurt your child every time they were together and did not correct the child's behavior, would you stop letting them play together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• yes and i have... its not fair to my child to be hurt, accidents happen, but not every visit... so ebcause of that and the fact that she yelled at my DS for him getting hurt we dont see them anymore
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• no, I'd correct the child

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I don't have any SIL's, but my BIL has a son with his gf and she has one from a previous relationship. I don't think I'd ever let them play together anyway. But especially not if one of them was hurting mine and nothing was being said about it.
    You didn't mention how old the kids are, I think that would make a difference too. While we are teaching our boys to not to around being bullies and hitting people, they shouldn't just stand there while someone is beating them up either.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• i wouldnt. kids are kids and they will do what they are allowed to do.. and if it were me i would punish the kid myself. and if she has something to say tell her to deal with it herself. i always punish my sisters son infront of her she cant do anything but back me up bc she knows hes wrong... or u can do what most women will tell u...talk to her about it! and tell her u feel the kid is wrong and should get in trouble and if she doesnt feel thats right then tell her not to being the kid back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If it were me, I would first talk to sil about the situation and let her know that I won't tollerate her child hurting mine and let her know that if the behavior continues then her child will not be allowed to play with mine again. If she gets mad and refuses to correct her child, then I would definately not allow them to play together again.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OP here. The child are 4 and 3. The child gave mine a black eye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

Did this. She did not want to hear it, so the children no longer play. The family has made me out to be the bad person in this situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• see these kids they are 6 months apart my DS being the older.. NO ONE is allowed to correct her child not even the childs father... so after she scratched his face up becuase he was sitting in a chair she wanted and nothing was said and he ahs a 2 inch SCAR we have nothing to do with them
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• OP.... WOW we have almost the same situation... if you ever want to gripe or talk about the inlaws feel free to
    pm me!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

pm me!

Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2009