is crossing your legs okay while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im pretty sure its okay
    I sit like that sometimes, not always the most comfy position but I dont think theres anything wrong with it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If you're comfortable sitting that way, then it's no problem. It's not going to hurt the baby or anything like that.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Yes, it's fine. The baby isn't between your legs but in your belly, and actually pretty high up when you consider where your legs cross. Has someone told you that you shouldn't do that? Did they say why? I've just been looking into a lot of wive's tales trying to figure out why they would say certain things.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• If it works for you sure. Though you may find that the farther along you go crossing your legs puts pressure on your hips and nerves, or makes your legs swell. Always best to sit with feet flat and a good posture pregnant or not, of course.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• when you get further along and the baby drops it may be hard to cross your legs, lol, but its compleatly safe,
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• noone said that i was jus wonderin bc it hurts sometimes...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yeah it's ok as long as it is comfortable, I couldn't cross them towards the end because of swelling and leg cramps, but as long as you can Go for it.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• if you are able
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It'll be harder on your vericose veins if you have any, or could make you get them. And yeah it's uncomfortable because your hips and spine are uneven when you sit like that. I'm 32 weeks and I gave up on it a few weeks ago, it feels much better to sit up straight.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yes theirs nothing harmful about crossing your legs during pregnancy i do it all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2009