Have any of you taken Tamiflu while pregnant?

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have the flu, I am very sick. The doctor suspects that it may be swine flu and has put me on Tamiflu, I know it has not been tested extensively, so I was just wondering if any of you have taken it, and if so, did it have any affect on the pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not sure. I hope your feeling better soon.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 11:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I had the flu with my last pregnancy (Ihave a 14 wk old) and the dr wouldnt give me tamiflu. I got over it in about a week and I lost 6 pounds.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think I would be getting a second opinion...your baby should absolutely not be a petri dish...Tamiflu hasn't been tested enough...I would absolutely not take a vaccination like that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I am pregnant with twins...27 weeks, and my OB prescirbed me tamiflu because my 7 year old tested positive, and I have a slight stuffy nose, and slight sore throat...he said that any possible side effects of taking the meds are much smaller than the risks of getting H1N1 or the flu while pregnant...hope this is helpful!
    Anonymous