My husband does the opposite of everything I do

My husband is a great guy - good to our son and has a job and all that practical stuff, but he seems to purposefully change his mood to be the opposite of mine, all the time. If I am in a good mood, excited about the day and all, he suddenly is in a foul mood, or "sick", or "tired", and is unbearable to be around and wants to be left alone to lay on the couch. And on the rare occassion I am actually tired, or sick, or - god forbid - PMS-ing, he is happy and hyper and mad at me for "bringing him down". It happens constantly - almost like he waits to see what mood I'm in and then purposefully does the opposite! Is this just a guy thing, or what? I've never lived with another man before my husband, so I never really got to know any other guys that well to judge if this is a universal trait or if he is just being spiteful... Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO does the same thing. Or he does something that seems to be intentional that will piss me off. Like he will say oh are you ready? And im like yeah IM READY but is the baby's bag done? YA know could you have been doing that while laying on the couch or reading that newspaper? And then gets mad at me for asking him to put a couple diapers in a bag, cup of juice and some snacks. MEN, ill tell ya
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Maybe he thinks he's the ying to your yang! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• wow thats ridiculous and pretty weird
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Have you talked about this to him? Was he like this while u were dating?
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Welcome to marriage.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My daughter's father irritates the hell out of me! I think they are all like that....lol
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 7:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009