Mirena IUD poking....

When I had the IUD inserted and after the 2 weeks i was told no sex, our first time my husband has felt the actual iud poke him. and tonite he said he didn't feel it... should i be worried? I'll ask my dr. friday at my appt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Health

• If you can feel the strings there's no problem. It's possible that the last time you had sex he moved them when they poked him. Mine poked my hubby too and I had to have my doc move them, they were already as short as they would be so he couldn't cut them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• No, don't be worried. The strings may poke for a few weeks before mucas builds up on them. Then they don't poke anymore, but they are still there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• well he said its not the string. he said he'd feel the string and then the actual IUD its self poke him and now he doesn't...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009