Blanket time

I have a 16 month old boy who is active and curious and loves to explore! While I love his adventurous spirit most of the time, there's moments when it'd be nice if he could play quietly. I happened upon a suggestion online called 'blanket time' where you teach your toddler to stay on a blanket and play. It's similar to a playpen but you teach them boundaries using the blanket. I was just curious if anyone has tried this, how it worked out for you, what age your children were at, and any other advice. Thanks ladies!

Moomommy

Asked by Moomommy at 11:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've never heard of that. However, it is an interesting thought. I doubt my son comply. I can picture him watching me a silly grin spread across his face as he stuck a toe outside the edge of the blanket. He is 14 months old. I could see that working with a 2-or-3 year old child, or someone of pre-school age. I could be wrong! It sounds rather do-able. Just difficult. Lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2009