I use Nursery water when preparing my daughter's formula, but hve never boiled it. Is this harmful to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think the nursery water is already sterilized, she should be fine
    smiley83

Answer by smiley83 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• It says on the label that the water is not sterile.
    Oukcbo

Answer by Oukcbo at 11:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I use tap. Tap is fine. As long as it's not well water. If it is well water, boil it first... until she is older. It's much cheaper to boil water. If your water is really bad, I'd just buy regular bottled drinking water from your local store and use that instead. Nursery water is expensive. No, it doesnt need to be boiled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I have never boiled it, and my son is fine! But you know they found more chemicals in nursery water than in Aquafina!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The water doesn't need to be "sterile"....that's not why you boil it...you boil it to get the crap out of it if it comes from a well....Your daughter will be fine with nursery water or even clean tap water (depends on where you live) and also, the tap has just enough of the flouride for your baby....no need to use special water. They have actually shown that some bottled water has more crap in it than tap.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I used tap water. Nursery water is a waste of money. You'd be better off putting a Brita or Pur filter on your tap and using that. No need to boil bottled or filtered water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Whew, I thought I was bad for only using tap water for my now 7 month old. I mean, I nursed exclusively in the beginning but now that we are supplimenting my breast milk with formula, we only used tap. Its my 3rd kid and I knew it would be okay for her but I still felt bad because I was taught to always boil water and I always did with the older 2.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2009