I leave my sterilized bottles to air dry on a bottle rack in the kitchen, but we leave our dog in there when we are away? Is this bad or am I just being paranoid? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think it's probably fine- unless your dog has a habit of licking the counters, or bottles or something like that. If you were really worried you could leave them on a counter in another room where the dog doesn't go.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 11:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• u must be a 1st time mommy.. have another one see if u care if that bottle is sitting out lol... ur paranoid it will be ok... if it makes u feel better rinse it off right b4 u use it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Can the dog reach them? If he can I would find another place for the rack.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 11:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I think dogs are gross and I wouldn't want the hair to drift up and get in the bottles or on nipples. That's just me, you obviously like dogs so the hair might not matter.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Oh, I remember those days. Boil bottles. Boil water for formula. Towel-dry with a clean towel, and place bottles on top of another clean towel.... those days were insane. I didn't find my mind until I said screw it and dishwashed the bottles... or hand-washed them and let them dry on the rack. Oh! I also used tap water. My son's fine. :) Breathe. As long as the dog isn't licking the bottle or using it as chew-toy... it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• They don't need to be sterilized every time you use them. Only before first use, and a couple times after that, and if baby gets sick. I sterilized the bottles 1 time, and my kids are all fine. Wash, air dry, and put away. Then you don't have to worry about the dog. Ew.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If your dog has long hair and that's what you're worried about, just make sure you rinse the bottles & nipples off before you use them (it'll be fine). But if you're worried your dog is probably licking them, put it out of reach from the dog. Don't worry, after the baby gets a little older you won't worry as much... there's much "grosser" (yes I know it's not a word :) ) things your child will get into.
    WCurrie05

Answer by WCurrie05 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2009