Anyone really scared & anxious about having baby #2 ? I have a 2 year old & I'm so worried about how will I entertain my son all day while be so sleep deprived & when will I shower, leave the house with two kids, I feel very overwhelmed that it is getting in the way of enjoying this pregnancy :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should be! I have a 2 year old and a newborn. Let's just say I am close to calling the looney bin and committing myself! BUT I would trade it for the world!!! I love my munchkins!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I MEANT TO SAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WOULDN"T TRADE IT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My kids are 18 months apart, this is a legitimate worry but one you cannot change. When baby arrives, get help if you need it. Either way, you'll be forced to manage so no point in freaking about it now. I remember resenting the newborn because I couldn't play with my other baby. It's tough but it works out. Special time with the two year old will help. It'll be okay.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I was. My daughter was 23mos old when my son was born. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. It was harder having 2 than it was having one, but not twice as hard. KWIM? I think the baby time is easier with #2 because you have done it once before. One thing I did do that made it easier is I made a deal with my husband that I would get a shower each day before he left the house for work and that he couldn't leave until I did. I found having that little time to shower was something I really treasured. I also had my husband take over the bedtime routine for the 2yr old so I could concetrate on going to sleep as soon as the baby did. It will be OK, I promise.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 11:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My babies are only 18 months apart and I was stressed for a while... and I looked around at the grocery store with these mom's that had a whole brood (what seemed to me with such ease)...I didn't think I was ever going to get there...here it is 5 months later and am doing fine...It's a little more stressful, but you find more people are willing to help you at the store - always ask for help with groceries...it takes practice - but you get there...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 12:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my kids are 16 months apart and i worried my whole second pregnancy about how was i ever going to leave the house or even take them to the grocery store. well today i tried to use a baby bjorn for the newborn and put my 18 month old in the cart at target and it went disasterous. the baby started crying and my older son started whining so loud that i myself started crying in the middle of the store. it's stressful i'm not going to lie. i suggest you get some help in the begining and have someone watch the kids while you run errands.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• ...I feel ya. I'm 29 wks and Alicia is 9 months, lol. I worry that I'm not giving her my all bc I'm preggo... i can't enjoy being preggos too. I totally agree with mummy22kids, a shower works wonders!
    egriffin1231

Answer by egriffin1231 at 3:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2009