How do I get him to stop pulling my hair?

It hurts! I feel like I've tried everything! It didnt use to bother me so bad but he does it so often now my head hurts all the time! I even got him a wig to see if that would help, but it hasn't! Any suggestions? I need help!

AidensMommy20

Asked by AidensMommy20 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD used to do this. I taught her "let go". I used to constantly try and redirect her hand or tell her "ouch! that hurts mom". I even tried gently tugging on her hair so she might know what it felt like. This helped for a short while but then it stopped working. The one thing that worked for dd was to pinch her wrist (not to cause a bruise or anything, just enough to get her attention) and say "let go". Now when I tell her to let go, she releases whatever is in her hand.

momsc

Answer by momsc at 2:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• it was a phase with my daughter...lasted about a month when she was around 8 or 9 months...she doesn't do it anymore. Now she kicks me!! she's a year old and her "kicking" in swimming might have something to do with always wanting to kick but her thing now is gagging herself. They go through phases til they get bored and learn something new.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I went and got my hair cut really short. That stopped my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• how old is he? if he's younger than about 8 months all you can really do is pull his hand away (press on the lower palm part of the hand and it opens their hands) and say no, but he's not gonna understand the no part til later. best suggestion put your hair up so he can't get to it when you hold him.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• My son has been doing it since he was like 3 months old! And he is now ten months!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• O and he pulls my hair right out of my ponytail, so putting it up does no good! I feel like I really have tried everything!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• And I got my hair cut short.... he still pulls it.....
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• well if your hairs long maybe you should cut it a little shorter, or just put your hair up and try to tell him no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't cut my hair off over it!! ...just keep pulling his hands away and give him something to play with...my daughter only did it for about a month.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You cut it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2009