What do you think about this quote from Obama's green czar, Van Jones?

It's from 10/07 but, if a white person said this & white, was where it says black, OH MY! Instantly, this would be the most RACIST person alive! & why isn't Jones concerned about all poor kids, he does say "low-income people" but then he says "poor black kids". Your thoughts?

link: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/10/van_jones.php

If we can get these youth in on the ground floor of the solar industry now, where they can be installers today, they’ll become managers in five years and owners in 10. And then they become inventors. The green economy has the power to deliver new sources of work, wealth and health to low-income people—while honoring the Earth. If you can do that, you just wiped out a whole bunch of problems. We can make what is good for poor black kids good for the polar bears and good for the country."
—Van Jones, as told to Thomas Friedman in the Oct. 17, 2007 issue of The New York Times

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 11:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Van Jones, the felon and avowed Communist tapped by Barack Obama to be his “Green Czar” is a major mess of trouble. Jones founded lefty organizers Colors Of Change, who are currently mobilizing to disrupt Republican town hall meetings. Jones sat on the board of green-gangsters The Apollo Alliance…self-proclaimed authors of the stimulus bill AND Cap and Trade. Glenn Beck exposed the truth about Van Jones yesterday on his show, and the heat has been turned up to HIGH.

COC is an African American political advocacy group which has called for a boycott of Beck’s show by advertisers, because he dared to say he thought Obama was racist. Defend Glenn aims to counter the COC and other lefty orgs which are trying their damndest to get Beck thrown off the air. Free speech, anyone? Beck is taking on a czar-a-day this week. Here’s why Van Jones is so pissed…

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't think that was racist even if Glenn Beck said it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Jones disturbs me a great deal. He is a self described communist. Yikes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think it is more of an ignorant & stereotypical remark and it demeans and belittles young black Americans. Where is the hope and dreams for little kids in this kind of remark - regardless of race? "hey kids - work hard and you can be a floor clerk, keep up the good work and you can be an installer, work even harder and soon you can be an actual manager!!! (oooh)" What about teaching kids to work hard and go to college and BE that manager???!!!???

yuck. seems like a person that is the epitome of everything Obama didn't originally represent!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think you might be taking this out of context, was he also talking about the problems of black youth, who have very limited education opportunities and a high rate of incarceration in the US?
    oicmommy

Answer by oicmommy at 12:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• although, Obama likes these types of jerks who only focuses on ONE race. Just like Robert Reich - Obama's economic advisor - who said stimulus jobs should go to black construction workers.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• oicmommy, and why is that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If a white person said this about their own race they would be considered racist. It should work both ways but in this pc society of ours the media ignores comments like this from people ot other ethnicities/races.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Of
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• who have very limited education opportunities and a high rate of incarceration in the US?
    __________
    Oh the they are a product of their environment crap. Yep so I should be a gang banger cause I grew up in the ghetto of New Orleans East. Yeah!

Stop making excuses for ignorant decisions.

This man is beyond annoying to me. I can not believe that an Ex-con is allowed to have so much say in polices for our country without the Peoples say in it. I do not want this criminal communist to have any say with policies / laws I have to abide by, when he can't even respect the law.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2009