Tips on potty training

Need some help with my 2 and a half year old son. I can not get him to sit on the potty without screaming and having a complete melt down. And after he comes off the potty he wets his diper. So I now he has to go, but it seems like he holds it. We did reward him with M&M's when he sat without screaming, That was short lived.Tryed letting him go with underware on. Didnt even bother him that he was wet. Is he just not ready and Im pushing him to do this. Or do you think there is something else we can try.

deacon29

Asked by deacon29 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im having the same exact problem with my two and a half yr old except he will go pee half the time on the potty but still continues to go potty in his pants. Then theres those days where he throws a fit cause he doesnt want to go potty and you cant force a two year old to go potty so he just doesnt go. I wonder too if Im doing this too early cause every child is different and ready to be potty trained at a certain time. We reward him with stickers and have done the mm's but that gets old and he stops carying. Please let me know if you figure it out cause it sounds like were almost in the exact same shoes. GL to the both of us :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Go read the journal on my page. it may help you. when I started out my son HATED sitting on the potty and would pee as soon as he got off. Hope it helps you! Oh yeah, my son started at 19 months.
    AngelicaRenee

Answer by AngelicaRenee at 12:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• First I wouldnt sit a boy to pee pee.. Try putting some Cheerios or Froot Loop in the bowl and tell him to aim and shoot at the cereal...This sure has worked for both my boys...Make it all Fun!! Now for # 2 try sitting with him and read a book when the time come..Lets work on Pee Pee 1st. Good Luck:)
    shorty2gees

Answer by shorty2gees at 1:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2009