What goes on at the 1yr old check up apointment? How do you get blood(for his blood work) from a 1 yr old?

I think my baby needs to get blood work for the insurance company and WIC, does every baby get that? Will they take it through his vein, like IV, or prick his heel and squeeze it out like a newborn? He will get shots too. (it's going to be a rough day) What else do they do at the 1 yr check up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's basically like all the other appointments. The only blood work mine ever had was a lead test (starting at 9 months here) and they pricked their heal (my youngest is 3 and last time they did her finger...she was not happy, lol). Other then that they get weighed, measured, head measured, ears and eyes checked and throat if they will open up (my youngest refused). Make sure they are hitting milestones and then a couple shots and the lead test or whatever. It wasn't any different then the 2 month or 6 month or whatever check-ups.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2009