How long can you have a tubal pregnancy before it bursts?

i am either eight weeks or twelve weeks, and im pretty sure everything is fine, but i worry about it because i had a friend with an ectopic pregnancy, and i just want to know if its too far along, and if my fallopian tube would have burst already.. i dont have my first appointment until september third so i am not exactly positive how far along i am..

swesolek6

Asked by swesolek6 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor said that they usually burst at about 6 weeks. I just had one and my tube was on the verge of rupturing at 5 1/2 weeks. They can sometimes go longer, but I think for the most part you are out of the danger zone. You would have had some sign by now most likely.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think if you were to have t ubal you would know it. My mom had one and she said she knew right away that something wasn't right because she was in too much pain.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Your tube coulndn't have burst already - you'd be in excruciating pain and posting here would be the last thing on your mind! Ectopics are extremely rare. Don't worry about it. Your appointment is next week, and either way, by this point, you should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I was 8 weeks along when I had my ectopic. I had no idea I was pregnant. I had my period like usual, just seemed a little heavier. I was actually at work when the tube ruptured. It felt as if someone slammed me with a bat. I couldn't stand up for a second. I was one of those people that never thought I should go to the doctor, and it would never happen to me. I thought I was just having bad cramps and went home. After waiting 4 hours with the pain becoming more intense and my stomach swelling up to the size of a 4 month pregnancy, I went to the hospital. My doc said most women that wait that long do not make it. I ended up having a blood transfusion. I am so thankful that I am still here with my kiddos, I have a wonderful doc. Try not to worry too much. It sounds like everything is going ok.
    experiencedmoma

Answer by experiencedmoma at 1:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have heard of some women not having it rupture till around 12 weeks. I think every one is different just as with normal pregnancy's. But I would think that you are fine if you've gone this far without any problems.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• ok thank you all.. im new to cafe mom and i really appreciate your answers=]
    swesolek6

Answer by swesolek6 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009