I know it's late but if you had only $5 dollars to feed your children tomorrow what would you buy?

For some strange reason LOL Your children are on vacation and your dh is on a business trip and your kitchen is empty. You only have $5.00 to feed you and your children tomorrow. What would you buy with $5.00 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ok now that i've read the answers...I want subway, and I'd probably do the same thing. Tomato sandwiches for lunch, eggs for breakfast and chx alfredo for dinner would be my choice. If you have a garden, tomatoes are free. Then you just need, eggs, bread, pasta and a jar of sauce. Can probably do a thing of roasted potatoes too, if the potatoes are on sale. Or just a bag of frozen brocc. for the alfredo. Those onion packets are cheap. I also want McDonalds and a sub from sheetz now. Ooooo and chicken corn soup. And this really good southwestern soup with spicy sausage. Which reminds me, i need to pick up sausage. And corn.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If my children are on vacation, why do I have to feed them? Lol, jk, I know what you mean!!

Well...my daughter is only 8 months old, so a few jars of baby food will only cost about $1.50, and then a loaf of bread and lunch meat for me, or those $1 frozen dinners.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• eggs, milk, canned fruit, bread,bacon
    yes the dollar store has all this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• ground beef, broccoli, 4 eggs, one yogurt, a pint of milk.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This would be where my coupon skills and the current sale ads would come into play alot would depend on those. So I dont know what it would be but i could make it work. If I tried to do it without the coupons and ads i would have to settle for a loaf of bread lunch meat that is on sale (which anything that is day old at my store goes for 1.00 a pound) and we would have toast and sandwiches.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• a loaf of bread< 89 cents>
    block of cheese, < $1.40>
    fruit that is on sale
    and a vedggie thats on sale
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• hmmm. 5$.... for 2 kids...... peanut butter and jelly. bread 3$.. a can of mandarin oranges .50,2 packs ramen noodles..25, 2 bananas .50. and 2 suckers.15
    jelly toast and 1/2 banana for BF... oranges for snack..... pbj sandwich for lunch, 1/2 bananna with peanut butter for snack... ramen noodles with the rest of the oranges and a piece of bread for dinner

the sucker is just a "special treat"( as my son calls them) to eat during a walk a round the block!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would buy them a five dollar foot long sub from subway, it has meat, bread and vegis and it's big so they can eat it all day
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• can of mandarin oranges (breakfast), ramen noodles (lunch), mac N cheese (dinner) (less then $5 right there)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Bread (1), eggs (1), fruit on sale (75), lunchmeat (1.5), can of soup (75) - $5
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2009