How do I get my baby to stop Breastfeeding?

My Daughter is 15 months old and still Breastfeeding, How do I get her off.

piper79

Asked by piper79 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Drop one feeding per week till gone. All there is to it.

Don't expect cooperation, though...this young, it generally won't happen.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Do you really feel it is the right time? or are you feeling outside pressure to wean, because she is "too old?" Another alternitive to completely weaning would be to limit it to only morning and night or something else like that.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i just stoped breastfeeding my 14mths old son,what i did was i only feed him when my breast is full and i allowed him to suck little just for me to be relieved i did it for 3 days and i stopped .she will still fight it with you but you have to be firm and for some time do not wear cloth that exposes your breast so she wont be temped.it worked for me as i did not have pain and i was able to withdraw my son too gradually not suddenlly.
    happymum113

Answer by happymum113 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• im in the process of weaning my 15month old,she only nurses when she takes naps and goes to bed at night(she fights in the middle of the night) she pulls at my shirt and stuff,but when i do nurse ehr its only for a few minutes on each breast ot very long at all.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Why do you want to wean? You don't haveto.  Some children wean themselves when they feel it's the right time.  If you really do want to wean, you could introduce a sippy cup (although some moms hate sippy cups).  Get your child excited about her new "big girl" cup.  Many mothers cut out a feeding during the day and then whittle it down to the night time feedings.  It's a gradual process but try not to make it a stressful one. 

MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 4:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009