A question for Wiccans

And this is really more directed to those who actually practice Wicca and not so much the more free flowing eclectic Witches.

The way i understand it (and i feel i understand it very well sense i was wiccan for a long time and still use many of the practices). Balance is seen as very important. Light and Dark. Male, Female. Life, Death. But yet because of Harm Ye None it seems to me as if you are trying to throw off the balance between peace and conflict. I do believe that everyone should live as peaceful as possible. But aren't we also all human, and as such are prone to certain feelings which may be negative? If you have negative feelings might you also have negative thoughts? Which in turn would invoke the law of three?
I'm not sure i explained this exactly how i am thinking. So maybe after i get some responses to what it sounds like i'm saying i will clarify. TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not Wiccan either, so I'm out. Heck I'm not even an eclectic Witch. *shuffles feet*
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• How can negative thoughts invoke the law of three? IMO, Unless you "act" on said thoughts you are not bringing in the law of three
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Then again, I am not a Wiccan. I am an eclectic Witch so I probably shouldn't have answered the question....my bad,.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Aww, Isabella you are still a Magickal person to me :)
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• OP here
    pnwmom
    doesn't thinking something start energy? Even if that energy does not get to completely manifest itself doesnt it still create some energy which would then be sent out, which the would invoke the law of three?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The way I interpret it, the Wiccan Rede is meant to guide you in helping you live a harmonious life-with the earth, with the Goddess, with yourself, with it all. I don't see balance necessarily being as important as harmony in general.

Yeah, we are all still human and sometimes "impure" thought cross our minds....however, our conscience and our common sense weed these out, we analyze them and discard these thoughts. It's a balance of "right" and "wrong" and every single action has a karmic return, thus the law of three. I believe that a negative thought that has crossed your mind, but has been dealt with appropriately within your mind is not going to invoke a huge karmic return. Acting on it, however, means you need to take full responsibility for that action and expect the law of three to happen.

madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 1:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am a Wiccan but still learning. I think that if you dwell or project those thoughts to others or do your magick work in this state then yes the law of 3 could come back to you.

IMO is would be best to release the negative thoughts and feelings.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• A negative thought gracing through your mind is not going to cause a major upset in the karmic world. Stewing on it, projecting it outward, acting on it, practicing magick...those would start something, but not it crossing your mind.

I'm still not sure though exactly what you are asking or getting at.
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 1:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• OP here
    Madelyns
    Balance is not as important as living in harmony? But how do you know what harmony is if there is no chaos?

What i'm getting at is that doesnt the idea of striving to be as non confrontational as possible sort of upset the balance within yourself? It is in our being to stand up for what we believe in, which often does start confrontation which in turn means you are not being as harmonious as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It really is all based on the "intent". If you have the intent of causing discord then yes that is harm. If you are just going about your day to day life and have a negative thought then no, there is no harm brought into play.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2009