Has hyperthyroidism ...

I was wondering when they start you on the medication and stuff how long did it take to go away and able to get pregnant? Thanks for answering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The meds you take for hyperthyroidism are not safe to take during pregnancy. They told me I could take them and it might go away, but I could always have the problem. Because I was already close to 35 I didn't have years to wait around and see if it would go away. I had to do iodine radiation treatment to kill my thyroid and start taking thyroid hormones which are safe to take during pregnancy. It took about 6 months to get it under control. I had other fertility issues, so I still had to deal with fertility treatments to get pregnant. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2009