Strep throat question got me thinking. How can I be totally immune to it but I NEVER had it in my life?

I kissed and "loved" my BF the whole time he was sick and I got nothing. My friend had it and I drank from her water bottle... still nothing. I have had tons of friends around while they had it and I never got sick at all.

I just can not get strep throat, but I was positive for the strep in my vag. while I was pregnant.

First, anyone else like that? Second, how am I immune to something I never had?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wondered that. Just thank your lucky stars!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Actually, there are plenty of people out there who are immune naturally. Think about it...why didn't everyone die from the plagues that ravaged London? Some people just have a genetic predisposition to high immunity from things they have never had. Count your blessings and hope that you passed that natural immunity on to you kid(s)!!!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Are you sure everyone who had it actually had strep throat and not just a sore throat?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Actually, in order to "catch" strep throat, you have to be a carrier of the bacteria. Some people just don't carry it so they never catch it. Same with fever blisters.

My husband and I have been together for 4 years and he's never caught strep throat or fever blisters from me. But my mom and sisters do.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2009